26.1.09

The treerific thing I did last night.

I went to the Yellow Treehouse! and I'm still grinning from it.
Prepare for photographic essay below.





Thrilled.
All that seemed to be holding us to this tree.

The dinner was a lot of amazing little meals by Dawsons Catering, I couldn't quite get through this one.
The view from our table up.

Diners, Jenny Shipley included, I was a little starstruck.

Popping out to the (porta) loos.

The clean up. We were the last ones to leave. Whoops!



My last shot before hopping in the car and heading home. I found it difficult to say goodbye.


Thank you Tracey and all the staff for making out time there so great!

12 comments:

Sarah Gauntlett said...

wow!!! you are so lucky! I've always wanted to go there!!!! JEALOUS!!

friend or doe said...

Wow!! Looks so amazing!!! Was Rich still (sort of) surprised?? I'm totally jealous! XXX

Bee said...

Oh lucky! Last time I checked it was fully booked. Pretty pics, especially love the last one!

Miss Deb of Sock Monkey Headquarters said...

Scream!
It's like a treehouse for grownups, only thing lacking was a sign that said 'no boys allowed' hahaha!

Anonymous said...

Aw that's so cool! We tried to book but couldn't. Glad you had a good time :)

Little Miss Flossy said...

Lucky lucky you! We were up that way around Christmas and the kids were so excited when they spotted it from the car - we had to turn around and go back. It wasn't quite finished and we only got to take photos from the gate. What a magical experience.

tigermilk said...

i am so hungry now

kimberlee said...

wait what? where is that!????@?@@!!??!

lily, rosemary and the jack of hearts said...

Kimberlee! It's just north of Auckland, before Warkworth. You can see it from the road but can only go on the property if you are eating there. However some tourist from Argentina came and had a peek while I was there so use you accent and say your only in the country for a day! :) hehe

lily, rosemary and the jack of hearts said...

Gin! Rich guessed a week before and caught me off guard, I tried to lie but failed terribly!

Carpee said...

INCREIBLE!!!!

I hope to go there someday ^^. Nice blog BTW, just saw the link in CS ^^

see ya

Anonymous said...

It's such a magical place. Just when I leave, they go and make Auckland amazing. Sigh!

 
Blogging tips