9.2.09

A visit to Colenso.

I spent the weekend in the Coromandel and it could not have been better, weather wise, company wise and sites wise. All was super.

I got in contact with a guy from New York visiting here through Couchsurfing and invited him along on the journey too, as I figure I best give back to the Couchsurfing community if I expect them to look after me overseas! Hope he enjoyed himself, we loved having you along Joe!

We did all the usual touristy stuff, visited Hot Water Beach (where we met some lovely guys from Argentina, thank you for all your help!), biked through Whitianga, visited Hahei etc. and also found time to go back to our favourite cafe. I highly recommend a stop there if you are in the area sometime soon, just between Tairua and Cooks Beach is a little heavenly place, called Colenso. A small cottage cafe surrounded by beautiful gardens and seats in the sun. Bliss.






Hydrangeas for Africa.


Sweet Colenso's washing line.




Strolling through their orchard.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow looks so lovely liv, wish i had of made it down sooner :)

CARINA said...

oh yes, this place is delicious! and the fact you can stroll the gardens makes it even better .

 
Blogging tips