29.5.09

The cyclone.

Another little note about our Brooklyn day in New York, one of my favourite days can you tell? After sufficiently exploring the Brooklyn area we continued on the train down to Coney Island. There we rode the rollercoaster of death, an absolute must do if you are in the area. The cyclone is one of the oldest rollercoasters in the world, built in 1927, and believe me it looks like it hasn't had any work on it since then.

I was (and I'm not exaggerating) frightened for my life on that ride, and I swear the coaster got air at certain points on the track, but it was exhilarating and I'm proud to now be able to say 'I survived the Coney Island Cyclone'.






4 comments:

kimberlee said...

awesome! way to go. I don't know how I missed this when I was in NYC, but I did! shame.

oh yes, let me know when you are in berlin! would love to meet up!

Amber said...

I love dodgy roller coasters! One day I hope to go on a roller coaster tour of America with my father.

Meghan said...

Congratulations on making it through! Take a look are the website for Cedar Point in Sandusky Ohio- their roller coasters are CRAZY.lol.

Miss Deb of Sock Monkey Headquarters said...

Still drooling over your photos...you've definately set the bar for the ultimate OE...I've gotta start planning mine now...and of course, updating my blog more often! Big hugs...

Oh and just so you know, I've been wearing my owl necklace around here and have been getting HEAPS of compliments!

 
Blogging tips