23.11.11

Christmas. It's coming.

My dad always says 'Christmas is coming!' even on Boxing Day. And he's right! But now it's coming a lot faster than it feels in January. Only a few weeks! I've made a pledge to only buy handmade, or from small independent companies this year or of course make my own gifts (bar one thing which I had already bought, oop) My own little way of joining the Occupy movement (though I am still hoping to camp a night in Aotea Square because I don't know when I'd next get the chance to do that!).

Anyway- if you'd like to do the same here are some fabbo events coming up to get your shop on at.

Kraftbomb. The original and always awesome Auckland Craft Fair.
There's one this Sunday and then another for those last minute presents on the 18th of December.
11 - 2pm at the Grey Lynn Community Centre.



The Devonport Craft Market. Their special outdoor Christmas Market runs along side the Devonport Christmas Festival (think Santa Parade and music) and is always a delightful day.
Next Sunday the 4th of December from 10 - 3pm in the park by the ferry building!


And then the big kahuna of markets. The Auckland Art and Craft Fair in Aotea Centre, still charging its donation entry but always worth it. On Saturday 10th December from 11am to 3pm.

I'm working on lots of new things for them. Let's hope it all comes together. Sneak peek of one below!




No comments:

 
Blogging tips